WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
We may collect personal information you voluntarily submit to us, such as your name, phone number, or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to our website by subscribing to a newsletter, requesting a free download, or submitting a contact form.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To send periodic emails regarding your request for services.
- Some emails may come from Zoho Customer Relationship Management system.
- To contact or follow up after correspondence (via our “contact us” form, in-person sign-up forms, or through email or phone inquiries).
- On our website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, operated through MailChimp, which may be used for advertising purposes. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt out of future mailings.
- All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. These pixels are embedded in emails and allow an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click on. Also, this allows our website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties. MailChimp’s own policy for the handling of data can be accessed here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will NOT share your information with third parties unless you explicitly authorize us to do so.
Additionally, our website may use third-party service providers for various aspects of our website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics: This service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on our website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. We anonymize IP addresses in our GA connection.
- Payment processing through Stripe: This service is used to serve our e-commerce platform. At no time is your banking information passed to our website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- Payment processing through PayPal: This service is used to serve our e-commerce platform. At no time is your banking information passed to our website. We receive only information used for services fulfillment.
- Payment processing through Square: At in-person events, we use this service to process payments. At no time is your banking information passed to our website. We receive only information used for order fulfillment.
- Invoicing through Freshbooks: This service is used to serve our e-commerce platform. At no time is your banking information passed to our website. We use it to send invoices for services and only use the information for services fulfillment.
- Zoho Customer Service Relationship Management System: This service is used to manage customer projects and services, as well as to send automated or manual emails to clients, client lists, or lead contacts. We store your name, email address, phone number, and, if applicable, company name for purposes of delivering communications and managing customer projects.
At this time, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This list may be amended from time to time at our website’s sole discretion.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through our website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
ADDITIONAL USES OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment. Social media accounts may be used when interacting with content on our site.
- Automatically Collected Information: We automatically collect certain types of information about you and the device with which you access our website. For example, when you use our website, we will log your IP address, operating-system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times you accessed our website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using our website, such as links clicked. We anonymize all data collected by Google Analytics.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone or combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile (which is required for leaving comments on our blog) or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
We do not offer directly sold ads on our website. We may, at times, use internet-based advertising with LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter and because of this, there are tracking codes installed on our website so we can manage the effectiveness of these campaigns. We do not store any personal data within this type of tracking.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
As a small business, we do have some affiliate relationships and receive a small commission if you buy from affiliate links; these minute funds help to offset business expenses involved in producing our blog. However, we only include affiliate links for products we truly believe are fantastic helps for writers. (Affiliate marketing is performed by embedding tracking links into our website or materials. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. As part of the affiliate relationship, we will post customized links to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purpose of assigning commission on these sales.)
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Opt out: You may opt out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us through our website contact form to be removed from our mailing list. If you make a request to be forgotten from our website, we will also erase any data from our MailChimp account.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amend: You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget: In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes our website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Eschler Editing’s Obligations
With respect to the editing/production assignment, Eschler Editing agrees to perform editing/production services in a reasonable and skilled manner and return the edited/designed/produced Work within the time prescribed, timely make such revisions as may be reasonably requested and to perform the editorial/production function in a manner consistent with that set forth by Client and Eschler Editing. Client will receive a “What to Expect with Your Service: Orientation and Education Sheet,” and must understand and agrees to the service definitions therein. Date the Work is due for delivery will be notied on a bid sheet(s) and or invoice(s).
Eschler Editing’s services may be performed in stages. Payment to Eschler Editing will be made in advance of services unless bid(s)/invoice(s) notes otherwise. Client may elect to discontinue further editing of the Work upon written notice to Eschler Editing. In such event Client shall have no obligation to compensate Eschler Editing for uncompleted or unearned editing/production work, though payment in full will be due for any work completed prior to written notice on the part of Client. Portions of payments made in advance for work not completed will be returned to Client upon such notice.
Nothing in this agreement shall establish the relationship of principal/agent or employer/employee. Eschler Editing’s relationship to Client as to editing/production services shall be that of an independent contractor and any and all expenses and costs as incurred by Eschler Editing shall be borne by Eschler Editing.
Work for Hire
All editing services performed by Eschler Editing for Client hereunder shall be a “work for hire” performed by Eschler Editing for Client under the provisions of the United States copyright Act of 1976 as amended as of the effective date stated above. Client shall be the sole and exclusive owner of any editing contribution by Eschler Editing that may contribute to a work of authorship or copyrightable material and any copyrightable material authored, edited, created, or prepared by Eschler Editing in connection with this agreement, including, without limitation, all copyrights and all derivative rights associated therewith. Any provision of this Agreement expressly setting forth rights of Client shall not be construed to imply any obligation or restriction upon Client which is inconsistent with a Work for Hire arrangement.
Rights of Client
Client and Eschler Editing agree that Eschler Editing has no rights in the Work, or any edits thereto and to the extent, if any, that Eschler Editing may have or claim such rights, they are hereby irrevocably assigned and transferred to Client. Upon Client’s request, an additional written assignment to this effect shall be made by Eschler Editing in the future. The parties agree and understand that a copyright is comprised of a bundle of several rights which pertain to a work of authorship in current and as yet unknown media of expression. It is agreed that in commissioning Eschler Editing to edit/produce the Work, all such rights belong, and shall belong, to Client. Eschler Editing, therefore, agrees to indemnify and hold Client harmless from any claimant whose claim is made by, through or under Eschler Editing.
It is agreed that as sole proprietor and exclusive owner of the edited/produced the Work, Client shall have the sole right to license, sublicense, or transfer any or all of the copyright or copyrightable rights pertaining to the Work or derivations thereof, as well as obtain copyright registration, protection and/or enforcement in the United States and/or throughout the world.
Eschler Editing’s Warranty
Except for the rights of Client and/or Author, Eschler Editing hereby warrants and represents that all editing/production services furnished by Eschler Editing to Client will be original and shall not infringe upon any copyright or any proprietary right of another.
Eschler Editing agrees that the content, or the story line, theme, and characters of the Work are confidential until the Work has been published, or as determined by the author. Eschler Editing agrees not to use any confidential information except in the furtherance of this agreement and agrees not to disclose confidential information to any third party not defined as an employee (or a freelance associate approved by Client) of the Eschler Editing company. Eschler Editing further agrees not to disparage Client or Author.
Though Eschler Editing and all freelance associates will do their utmost best to provide professional assistance with the editing/production of Client’s manuscript, this contract does not guarantee Client’s manuscript will be free of errors, that Client will attain a particular number of sales, or that Client will achieve representation by or sell the Work to any agents, editors, or publishers.
Eschler Editing, LLC
C/O Desiree Johns
5882 Village Circle
Ogden, Utah 84403